Trinity Outreach Celebration 2019
January 25, 26, 27
There is something for everyone of all ages as we CELEBRATE (Friday dinner), SERVE (Saturday Hands Day projects), and WORSHIP (Sunday commitments) to launch Trinity's 2019 Outreach Celebration!
Friday Night Launch Event - Jan 25
Celebrate and fellowship together! Dinner will be served. Reservations are needed. No cost, but a love offering will be appreciated!
- Dinner - 5:30 to 6:30 pm in Wesley Hall
- Launch Event - 6:30 to 7:30 pm
Children and Youth will be directed to their own unique launch events.
- Youth (6th - 12th) to room E-310 for a special program led by youth, followed by fun & fellowship in the gym.
- Children (5 yr to 5th grade) will to to Youth Building for a special program with Children's Ministry leaders.
- **AT LEAST ONE PARENT NEEDS TO ACCOMPANY THE CHILDREN FROM EACH FAMILY**
- Following fun worship time, children will assemble lunches for Christ Episcopal Church Soup Kitchen and make cards for residents in assisted living facilities (to be delivered on Saturday's Hands Day). All children & parents can participate, even if you can't participate in the delivery on Hands Day.
Saturday Hands Day - Jan 26
All groups will meet in the Gathering Area at Trinity at 8 am for a light breakfast and coffee, followed by a prayer & dedication time in the Sanctuary prior to departing to each site.
A variety of service projects are available, many of which are suitable for the whole family. Please read the description of each activity carefully to ensure there aren't any restrictions for the participants.
Golden Harvest Faith Food Factory
- Location: 3301 Commerce Dr, Augusta
- Task: Sort, inspect & organize food donations; repack food and prepare it for distribution to soup kitchens and food banks in SC and GA.
- Age Requirement: 8 years and older (8-17 years must be accompanied by adult)
- Supplies: Provided by Golden Harvest
- Maximum # of people: 25
- Location: Room E-310 (Youth Building)
- Task: Make salvation bracelets to be given to local & international mission partners.
- Age Requirement: 5 years & older (children must be accompanied by adult)
- Supplies needed: Provided by TOTH
- Maximum # of people: 15
Plastic Mats for Homeless
- Location: Rooms E-308 and E-309, Youth Building
- Task: Flatten plastic bags, cut into strips, tie strips into plastic yarn, crochet yarn into mats for distribution into the homeless community.
- Age Requirements: 5 years and older (children must be accompanied by adult)
- Supplies Needed: Participants can bring sewing cutting boards and scissors.
- Maximum # of People: no limit
Master's Table Courtyard
- Location: 702 Fenwick St, Augusta (next to Soup Kitchen)
- Task: Set up bins with hygiene items to be distributed to clients waiting for lunch to be served at the Master's Table Soup Kitchen.
- Age Requirement: 13 years and older (13-17 years must be accompanied by adult)
- Supplies Needed: provided by TOTH
- Maximum # of People: 10
- Location: 1002 Greene St. Apt #3, Augusta
- Task: Clean and paint the Community Room where events are held. Snacks will be provided.
- Age Requirement: 13 years and older (13-17 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Supplies: If possible, bring your own paintbrush, roller/pan. Some will be provided.
- Maximum # of People: 20
Rise Against Hunger (Previously Known as Stop Hunger)
- Location: Wesley Hall
- Task: Package meals of rice, vitamins & dehydrated vegetables to be shipped to under-served countries around the world. A great family project.
- Age Requirement: 5 years and older. Ages 5-12 can only be "runners," which means they will take the sealed bags to the trucks.
- Supplies: Provided by Rise Against Hunger organization.
- Maximum # of People: 100
Children's Outreach Project
After the Prayer Gathering in the Sanctuary at 8:00, children & their parents will go to the Youth Building to practice songs they will sing as part of their service project and make more cards to be sent to our local & international mission partners.
At 10 am, they will carpool to nearby assisted living homes to sing and deliver handmade cards.
By 11, the carpool will journey to Christ Episcopal Church Soup Kitchen where they will deliver meals and cards that were made Friday night.
This is a great way for the children to see how the things they make are delivered to those in need within our community. This is open to children & parents even if they did not participate Friday night.